I'M SOOOO DISAPPOINTED! T.T I think I have never been this disappointed on how a show ended like this one. They literally just flush everything down the toilet in the finale. Everything that the show has build up in the past 9 years just seemed so irrelevant -- all the characters' developments, the Mother, how Ted works hard to get over Robin, how they show Barney & Robin belongs with each other despite how messed up they are -- everything -- all of it. :(
Some people argue that life goes on, everyone dies, Robin is the One, Barney couldn't change, yadda yadda yadda but NOBODY could said that it wasn't a sloppy and bad writing. You dont spent the last nine years selling and trying to convince the audiences with a story and characters only to throw everything out of the windows in the end -- Robin still the cold-hearted career driven women, Ted still the loser pining for Robin after all these years and Barney, still the prick that he is just like when the show started -- nothing change -- everything went back to square one. All the developments over the 9 years doesn't mean a thing. YES, that make it a bad and horrible finale.- You don't spent 9 years trying to tell a story about how Ted met the kids' mother (how she's his soulmate & etc..) only to have her killed 3 minutes before the show ended to show that Robin is The One after all.
- You don't spent 5 seasons trying to sell a story how Barney & Robin belongs and love each other only to have them divorced 15 minutes into the finale.
- You don't spent the entire season 9 on their wedding and how they handle all the change of minds only to have them divorced over a 'Wifi'.
- You don't spent the entire season 9 showing how Ted let go of Robin and know why they didn't work only to show in the last seconds of the show that she is The One after all.
- You don't developed the characters the way the characters developed over those 9 freaking years only to make this kind of finale. Its all a bad writing through and through without a doubt.
- The finale contradicts with a lot of things that the show has shown in the flash forwards scenes in the past seasons like Ted's wedding ring, how Robin still met Lily frequently over the years & etc..
I'm utterly disappointed. Barney got a good ending and found the the love of his life with Ellie (which is more awesome imo) but I love the show as a whole and to see the writers just flush down everything breaks my heart. You don't do that to your audiences that has followed you all of these years. I feel like I being cheated with the ending. I somehow hope the writer will tell us that its an April Fool joke and they will give us a better ending that justified the show's developments over the years.
But still, I love the show and forever thanked it for giving us probably the most awesome character in TV history ^^;